Golden Rules for Client Service
In his Houston office, Todd Patterson displays a picture frame that contains the following quote:
"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so."
This isn’t lip service. Todd lives and breathes this philosophy. With such a strong top-down commitment to client service, Patterson & Sheridan delivers a level of client service firm-wide that sets it apart. Todd says his “golden rules” for client service are simple:
- Clients first. We are successful only if our clients are successful. In everything we do, we are focused on one goal: helping our clients succeed.
- Hard work. We will do whatever it takes to get the job done. We aren’t afraid of rolling up our sleeves and working hard.
- Teamwork. We let others shine, encourage innovative ideas, and practice humility.
- Transparency. We are open and honest. Our clients place their trust in us, and in return we provide straightforward, sincere counsel.
- Integrity. We do what we say we’re going to do. We take ownership of our actions and have the utmost commitment to doing what’s right.
- Authenticity. We are who we say we are. We stay true to ourselves, in and out of the office.