Biotechnology and pharmaceuticals are among the most research-and capital-intensive industries, with long payback periods on any R&D investment. As such, protecting these R&D investments through strong patenting strategies is critical.
Biotech and Pharmaceutical Expertise
Our attorneys hold advanced degrees in chemical sciences, including PhDs, with industry experience in genetics, pharmacology, and more. We work with clients ranging from small startups, to academic research institutions and global pharmaceutical leaders, protecting their biotechnology and pharmaceutical inventions through a range of strategies.
Chemistry is an unpredictable art, with minor changes in structures dramatically affecting a compound’s properties. Our strong academic training and industry experience enables us to write robust patent applications with enough knowledge of scientific data support to get claims allowed.
Full Spectrum of Services
Our services include:
- Patent preparation and prosecution
- ANDA filings
- Freedom-to-operate analysis and product clearance
- Strategic counseling
- Pre-suit analysis and Paragraph IV letters
- Litigation under the Hatch-Waxman Act
- Full life-cycle patent portfolio management
- Opinions concerning infringement, validity, and enforcement
- Due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- Licensing and technology transfer
- Trademark protection and counseling