Experienced Texas trial lawyer with a range of legal experience
Craig is a seasoned litigator with decades of experience across numerous industries and areas of law — and he has a history of favorable multimillion-dollar verdicts to show for it. He splits his time between the firm’s Waco and Houston offices, but practices nationally.
Before joining Patterson + Sheridan, Craig focused much of his early career on oil and gas litigation. He’s done it all, from defending maritime companies to representing injured offshore workers in injury cases. (He even worked on a drilling rig in his early days.) Clients value Craig’s experience and the informed perspective he brings to each case.
An entrepreneurial lawyer with business acumen
Craig co-founded Clark, Depew & Tracey where he served as managing partner and practiced for more than a decade. He handled a variety of complex litigation, including individual plaintiff injury cases, industrial illness, mass torts and pharmaceutical tort work.
As someone who has owned businesses and managed a firm, Craig offers firsthand insights to financial technology and commercial clients. His extensive background in pharmaceuticals, industrial chemicals, and the oil and gas industry also gives him trial experience with the experts, studies and technical intricacies often brought up during litigation. He prides himself on being a communicator who can break down complex issues and put clients (and juries) at ease.
When he’s not hard at work representing his clients, you can often find Craig where the rubber meets the road - literally. For years, he has raced competitively on two and four wheels and greatly enjoys his time at the track. A Houston native, he and his wife enjoy the city, the highland lakes, and the hill country.
- Biotechnology + Pharmaceuticals
- Financial Technology + Business Methods
- Industrial Products
- Medical Devices + Procedures
- Oil + Gas Services
- Litigation + Dispute Resolution
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin School of Business
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Martindale-Hubbell; rated AV Preeminent for 20 years: Highest Possible Peer Review Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards; Top Rated Lawyer in Texas
- Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters publication), 2011-2015