Eugene Prokopenko joined the firm in 2017 and focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution for computer technology inventions. He received his undergraduate degree in Computer Science, magna cum laude, from University of San Diego, and his degree in Molecular Biology from the University of California, Berkeley. He received his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School.
Eugene has five years of technical writing experience at major corporations where he interviewed experts, drafted technical documents, and ensured final document quality. He also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Janis L. Sammartino of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. Prior to joining the firm, Eugene spent two years at a patent boutique firm, prosecuting medical device patent applications.
- Communications Technologies
- Complex Software + IT
- Medical Devices + Procedures
- Patent Preparation + Prosecution
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2014
- B.A., magna cum laude, Computer Science, University of San Diego, 2017
- B.A., Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 2004
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of California