Jim Sheridan is Patterson & Sheridan's Senior Partner. With more than four decades of intellectual property experience, Mr. Sheridan has counseled clients on a range of matters. Mr. Sheridan oversees patent preparation and prosecution, negotiates complex licensing agreements; evaluates claims of patent infringement both offensively and defensively; regularly testifies as an expert witness in licensing disputes and in matters involving inequitable conduct; and provides sophisticated virtual patent counsel services.
Mr. Sheridan's career includes industry experience as a Design Engineer with Motorola, two years as a Patent Examiner for the United States Patent & Trademark Office, and several years as Director of Patents and Licensing for National Semiconductor Corporation (now part of Texas Instruments).
A highly sought-after expert witness, Mr. Sheridan has provided testimony numerous times at trial or in deposition on patent infringement, the defense of inequitable conduct, technology licensing, and other matters.
Mr. Sheridan is passionate about technology and protecting his clients' inventions. Based in Patterson & Sheridan's Silicon Valley office, he serves as a close advisor to high-tech companies in the semiconductor, telecommunications, computer software, and graphics fields.
- Electronics + Semiconductor Technologies
- Technology, Licensing + IP Transactions
- Patent Preparation + Prosecution
- J.D., DePaul University, 1967
- M.B.A., Pepperdine University, 1983
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Marquette University, 1964
- American Bar Association - Chairman, Patent, Trademark and Copyright Committee, Young Lawyers Division, 1975-1977
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Peninsula Patent Law Association
- San Francisco Patent and Trademark Law Association