- Won judgment of non-infringement following successful claim construction hearing for Advanced Production & Loading in a patent declaratory judgment dispute in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas regarding an offshore loading buoy for oil tankers.
- Obtained a defense judgment of non-infringement and patent invalidity for Overstock.com in a jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, defeating multi-million dollar claim
related to patents alleged to concern Internet website functionality. Affirmed on appeal.
- Counsel for Westlake Chemical in a jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas involving competitors. Case related to a method patent alleged to cover specialty polymers,
including polyolefin-based adhesive resins. Obtained judgment for client of non-infringement defeating claims for millions of dollars and for permanent injunction.
- Represented eBay in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California in patent litigation regarding alleged database technology. Case against client dismissed following successful Markman hearing.
- Counsel for Days Inns of America Inc. before the American Arbitration Association. Won arbitration involving international master franchise agreement for hotel franchises in Mexico.
- Counsel for Questco Inc. in a jury trial in the 221st Judicial District Court, Montgomery County, Texas. Won jury trial related to breach of stock purchase agreements.
- Counsel for Expro International against competitor in jury trial in the 281st Judicial District Court of Harris County, Texas, related to misappropriation of trade secrets concerning oil field services business and technology resulting in multi-million dollar judgment for client.
- Counsel for Juno Energy, LLC et. al., in the 72nd Judicial District Court of Crosby County, Texas, in bench trial victory in oil and gas dispute related to title to mineral interests in developed oil and gas field.
- Represented Baker Hughes in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas in a patent infringement case against a direct competitor, resulting in a preliminary injunction that was affirmed on appeal concerning a method patent related to removal of amines and metals from crude oil.
- Counsel for Actavis Inc. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas in a Hatch-Waxman generic drug bench trial involving Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for a bimatoprost ophthalmic solution for eye drops to treat glaucoma.
- Obtained a permanent injunction for Baker Hughes in a trademark infringement dispute in the 334th Judicial District Court of Harris County, Texas.
- Counsel for Adell, Harriman & Carpenter in a jury trial in Harris County District Court. Obtained defense verdict for client in all asserted claims, including allegations of breach of fiduciary duty and
breach of contract.
- Counsel for Bauer Machinen et. al. in the Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, in a jury trial regarding alleged product liability. Client equipment manufacturer was dismissed on directed verdict during trial.
- Counsel for Tire Inflation Systems Inc., in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Obtained summary judgment in inventorship dispute regarding tire pressure systems. Affirmed on appeal.
- Counsel for Overstock.com in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in a patent infringement litigation regarding website functionality. Resulted in a summary judgment of
non-infringement one week before trial that was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas for Overstock.com in patent infringement action related to mobile applications. Summary judgment
affirmed on appeal.