Diverse technical background
Kyle Drayton joined the firm’s Houston office in 2017. A proud graduate of Texas Southern University, he earned his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, obtaining knowledge in areas such as digital signal processing, real-time embedded systems, applied electromagnetics, microprocessor architecture and microwave engineering. Today, he supports clients in the electronics and semiconductor business and is directly involved in all phases of the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. His technical background allows him to focus on what’s novel, saving time and ensuring the patents he drafts properly describe new inventions.
Bringing new technology to life
Kyle understands what it’s like for clients who put everything they have into an invention – he’s been in their shoes. While nearing completion of his degree, Kyle was tasked with designing a laser home alarm system for his senior project, which, upon execution, successfully alerted the homeowner of potential threats via text message. The project not only gave him valuable experience designing, building and implementing hardware from the ground up, but also drove home how much work and dedication is required to bring new technology to life. As a result, he understands how much his clients have invested in the new technologies they develop, and why it is crucial to draft a patent that provides the best protection possible.
Kyle’s hobbies include swimming, playing ping-pong and exercising.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas Southern University, 2017
- Vice President of Development, The Collegiate 100, Texas Southern University, 2014-2016
- Senator of Academic Affairs, Student Government Associate, Texas Southern University, 2014-2016
- External Vice President, Student Government Associate, Texas Southern University, 2016-2017
- National Society of Black Engineers, Texas Southern University, 2016-2017