From wireless communications and solar cell technologies to electronics and semiconductors, Marcus Hammack deftly guides his clients through the patent prosecution process. As a former lead design engineer in the mobile equipment industry, Marcus brings a keen eye and customer-focused approach to his patent preparation and prosecution practice. Previously in new product development for Ingersoll-Rand and Club Car, Marcus learned early on that every step in the process had to add value to the customer. Drawing upon this experience, he now constantly seeks to deliver value to his clients, who include some of the world’s best-known high-tech firms.
A Deep Knowledge Base
Early in his legal practice, Marcus focused on IP due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, as well as infringement and validity analyses. This work required extensive research and deep study of hundreds of patents and their prosecution history. Marcus now leverages this experience to provide clients with strategic advice on the best position to take in each specific case. His IP expertise enables him to spot potential infringement or validity issues up front and to counsel his clients accordingly to achieve a successful outcome.
When not in his office, you’ll typically find Marcus, a father of three, on a baseball field surrounded by 12-year-olds, coaching youth sports.
- Patent Preparation + Prosecution
- Technology, Licensing + IP Transactions
- Communications Technologies
- Electronics + Semiconductor Technologies
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 2005
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1994
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Section
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Texas Aggie Bar Association