Former district attorney with more than two decades of complex litigation experience
With more than twenty years of experience in criminal litigation, Abel Reyna knows what it takes to prevail in the courtroom. As a former two-term district attorney of McLennan County, he has navigated all aspects of the litigation process and brings invaluable trial experience to the firm.
Abel handles complex business, IP and criminal litigation, including bank fraud, breach of contract, construction, government investigations, trade secrets and more. Above all, his priority is understanding the root of his clients’ needs and delivering the best resolution for them, often out of court. But if their goal isn’t achieved, Abel isn’t afraid to roll up his sleeves and fight at trial — and that tenacious reputation precedes him.
A dedicated advocate with deep ties to the Waco community
Abel leads Patterson + Sheridan’s Waco office, and his roots in the community run deep. He was born and raised here, attended Baylor and practiced in McLennan County before becoming its DA. His father is a former attorney and judge in Waco and his grandfather was a janitor at the county courthouse.
As a client-focused people person, Abel puts relationships first. He knows how to craft a compelling argument and connect with juries on a first-name basis, literally. In each of his trials, he’s memorized the names of the dozens of potential jurors within ten minutes.
Outside of his legal practice, Abel volunteers with a number of local charities and non-profit organizations, including the Cenikor Foundation and the Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children. In his free time, he enjoys golfing, fishing, coaching Little League and spending time with his wife and son.
- 05.21.21 Patterson + Sheridan wins jury verdict in W.D. Tex., Waco Division
- 05.21.21 Texas Jury Says NCR Corp. Owes At Least $13M In Patent Suit
- 05.04.21 Patterson + Sheridan, IP & Technology Law Firm, Promotes Abel Reyna in Waco and Sepp Zangeneh in San Diego to Partner
- 04.07.20 PGA Tour Accused Of Stealing Golfer Tracking Tech IP
- 01.16.19 Houston IP Firm Opens Waco Office and Adds Former Intuit Senior Patent Counsel
- 01.15.19 Ex-DA Reyna joins Houston-based law firm in new Waco office
Back to Full List