Securing IP rights for leading oil and gas companies
Intellectual property attorney Jason Huang has focused on the oil and gas industry for more than decade. From deep-sea drilling equipment to hydraulic fracturing technologies, Jason has secured intellectual property rights for a wide range of exploration and extraction inventions.
Jason’s high degree of technical competency and deep oil and gas industry knowledge enable him to quickly understand an invention’s novelty and draft patent application claims that obtain the broadest—and thus strongest—patent protection possible.
Jason assists his clients in:
- Identifying patentable inventions and devising patent strategies
- Preparing and prosecuting patents
- Securing trademarks
- Identifying intellectual property deficiencies and addressing them through licensing and other legal strategies
- Writing opinions on validity and infringement, including freedom-to-operate analyses
- Analyzing and responding to notice letters
- Evaluating competitors’ patent portfolios and conducting other due diligence
- Challenging or defending patent validity through re-examinations and post-grant proceedings
In addition to serving oil and gas clients, Jason also provides patent expertise to clients in the chemical, nanotechnology, consumer products, and medical devices and procedures industries. His chemical clients benefit from his chemical engineering academic training and his ability to thoroughly prepare early in the patent application drafting stage, including conducting exhaustive prior art searches. He has secured patents for several chemical inventions, including polyurethane and agricultural products.
In his spare time, Jason puts his strategic and competitive skills to work playing golf and tennis. He is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
- 10.10.18 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending September 14, 2018
- 10.02.17 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending August 11, 2017
- 09.15.16 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending August 26, 2016
- 09.08.15 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending August 28, 2015
- 08.11.14 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending July 18, 2014
- 09.03.13 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending August 23, 2013
- 04.05.13 Federal Circuit Decision for Week Ending November 30, 2012
Back to Full List