An inventor turned IP lawyer
Malgorzata “Gosia” Kulczycka is an experienced attorney in the firm’s San Jose office with a broad-based IP law practice. With more than 15 years of legal experience, Gosia works to protect and support her clients’ intellectual property through patent preparation and prosecution and by employing trademark and brand protection strategies for and against infringement claims. Inventor herself, Gosia practices in various IP areas and technologies, including artificial intelligence and machine learning, communication technologies, complex software and more.
Gosia has a great deal of experience in the areas of computer graphics and computer networks. She has experience procuring and managing large IP client accounts in the fields of computer graphics and artificial intelligence. In 2022, Gosia represented a defendant in six patent reexamination cases and succeeded in all of them.
A smart, understanding attorney with a love for technology
Gosia, a skilled communicator with strong attention to detail and a broad technical background, specializes in a wide range of intellectual property matters. She hones in on the truly novel facets of the innovation and encourages clients to consider different perspectives to capture inventions accurately and comprehensively.
Gosia holds a Ph.D. degree in computer science and engineering from Oakland University in Michigan and a J.D. degree from the University Of San Diego School Of Law. She is also an active member of the American Bar Association’s IP section and the American Intellectual Property Law Association, where she has presented several webinars.
- 03.02.23 Unitary Patents and Unified Patent Court,” AIPLA CLE Course, March 2, 2023
- 08.10.22 “How Do the USPTO and the EPO Approaches Differ – A Comparison,” MITTEILUNGEN DER DEUTSCHEN PATENTANWÄLTE, August 2022
- 09.16.21 “Cryptocurrency, Blockchains, Bitcoins and Non-Fungible Tokens,” ABA CLE/Publication, September 16, 2021 (co-presenter)
- 06.17.21 “What to Do If Your Claims Have Been Rejected Again – How to Appeal and Win in The USPTO And The EPO,” AIPLA CLE Course, June 17, 2021
- 06.01.21 “Using Artificial Intelligence to Route Patent Applications through a Patent Examination Pipeline,” Lexology, June 1, 2021 (co-author)
Back to Full List