Orson Bell joined the firm as a law clerk in 2011, and as an associate in 2012 following graduation from law school at the University of Houston Law Center. He prepares and prosecutes domestic and international patent applications, with an emphasis on semiconductor devices, communications technology (including wireless standards), fiber-optic sensors, wireless sensors (industrial, downhole, and medical devices), and nuclear radiation imaging for medical applications. As an undergraduate at Washington State University, Orson researched electrical properties of semiconductor nano-wires. After obtaining his bachelor’s degree, Orson worked at an aerospace-engineering company, with the team that competed and won the level 2 Lunar Lander Challenge in 2009. During law school, Orson served as an editor for the University of Houston Law Review journal as well as an editor for PatStats.org and Orson worked at a major oil & gas manufacturing corporation as an intern in the intellectual property legal group. Orson has lived in France and is conversational in French.
During 2010, Orson worked in-house at a major oil and gas manufacturing corporation as an intern in the intellectual property legal group. During 2011 and 2012, Orson worked as a law clerk for Patterson & Sheridan until joining the firm after graduation. Orson is fluent in French. He has lived in France and received a B.A. in French from WSU in 2008.
- 02.13.23 Federal Circuit Summary for Week Ending February 3, 2023
- 07.25.22 Federal Circuit Summaries For Week Ending July 8, 2022
- 12.11.19 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending November 8, 2019
- 02.18.19 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending February 8, 2019
- 04.17.18 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending March 30, 2018
- 04.10.17 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending March 17, 2017
- 01.22.16 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending January 8, 2016
- 10.27.14 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending October 24, 2014
- 12.05.13 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending November 22, 2013
- 04.05.13 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending February 8, 2013