Increasing Value Through Intellectual Capital
In the fast-paced technologies sector, intellectual capital is a primary driver of market value for companies. Steve VerSteeg ensures his clients maximize their value by providing expert patent preparation and prosecution services in industries ranging from electronics to semiconductor chips. At Patterson & Sheridan, he has secured patents and provided strategic counsel for advanced products including holographic computing equipment, photography marketing software and laser phosphor panel digital displays.
Combining Technical Expertise with Patent Office Experience
Since joining the firm in 2005, Steve leverages his nine years of experience as a patent examiner with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) to his clients’ advantage. He approaches every case as an examiner would, creating sound arguments in order to minimize rejections. A believer in collaboration with the USPTO, he isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and work out an issue, or relentlessly pursue an appeal when necessary.
With a focus in electronic semiconductor technology and industrial products, Steve’s background in chemical engineering and physical vapor deposition (PVD) coatings enables him to quickly and easily get to the core of his clients’ products to provide informed counseling and strategic insight.
Strategically Strengthening Patent Portfolios
Startups and growing companies looking to effectively build their patent portfolios seek his expertise as their virtual in-house IP counsel. When advising clients on which patents to pursue and protect, Steve factors in the company objectives, strengths, weaknesses and potential infringement issues within the existing portfolio before advising on key areas to focus growth. Due to his continued success in helping young companies increase their intellectual capital, a large venture capitalist firm recommends him to other tech startups and emerging companies.
When he isn’t strategizing about his clients’ intellectual property, Steve serves as Committee Chair for his son’s Venture Crew, serves on numerous Boards of Review for local BSA troops, and enjoys playing adult rec league ice hockey.
- 07.01.22 Federal Circuit Summaries For Week Ending June 17, 2022
- 12.17.21 Federal Circuit Summaries For Week Ending December 17, 2021
- 02.21.19 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending February 15, 2019
- 02.14.19 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending January 18, 2019
- 02.05.18 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending January 5, 2018
- 01.25.18 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending January 19, 2018
- 11.02.17 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending October 6, 2017
- 03.09.17 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending February 24, 2017
- 03.21.16 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending February 26, 2016
- 05.11.15 Federal Circuit Court Decisions For Week Ending May 1, 2015
- 03.04.14 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending February 21, 2014
- 06.12.13 Federal Circuit Decisions for Week Ending June 7, 2013
- 03.27.13 Patent Examination – How a Patent Examiner Handles Your Case
- 03.27.13 Patents – What They Are, Why You Need One & How To Get One
- 02.07.19 How we helped a tech company protect a new revenue stream with a design patent
- 06.20.17 3 Reasons In-person Client Meetings Produce Stronger Patent Applications
- 12.03.14 Closely Partnering with our Client Leads to Multiple Patent Applications and Earlier Filing Dates
- 06.28.13 Drafting and Filing Five Patent Applications in Five Days
- 06.28.13 Pushing Back to Patent Critical MEMS Technology